Here is a study on facebook utilization by current members of congress. It is a decent study, but there are a few issues. One, it is partisan in origin, so who knows how bias it is (even subconsciously). Two, it only looks at the rate of friend increase for current members of congress, not their opponents (despite the fact it's May '10-Aug'10, campaign season!). Three, it only looks at facebook, which is a good gauge but certainly not the only means candidates use to campaign online. However, if you look at the spreadsheets here, they seem to match the results. The GOP has (generally) mobilized more effectively on the facebook front. Regardless, check it out, it provides some cool context.
On a note of absurdity, I can't believe I'm blogging about a blog....what a strange time we live in.
-Alejandro
I was actually just reading OhMyGov earlier today, its amazing how subtlety partisan it is.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the info as it rolls in the and reading the conclusions you draw Pav.